Bialetti Mini Express 2 Cup Stove Top Espresso Maker
For the brewing method please check our instagram for a live video
Make yourself 2 cups of espresso quickly and easily with the Bialetti Mini Express 2 Cup. This simple stovetop espresso maker brings rich espresso to your home without the fuss of a fancy machine (or the cost).
This brewer works by forcing water through finely-ground coffee and sending the liquid espresso through the spout, which pours the espresso into your cup of choice. As your cup sits on the platform awaiting the espresso, it slowly warms, which keeps your espresso from cooling off too quickly.
Selecting the right Bialetti
- Determine what type of cooktop will be used – if unknown then steer towards the stainless steel based units 4 cup and Larger as these wilt work on all stovetops.
- Determine what size you need, remembering that 1 Bialetti cup = 1 shot of coffee = about 30ml.
What in the box
- 1 x Bialetti Mini Express 2 Cup
Basic Espresso Instructions:
- Grind 16g of coffee at a medium-fine setting and place in the coffee basket.
- Fill the water reservoir up to the release valve with water (don’t cover it).
- Place on low-medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- When the shot stops pouring from the spout, enjoy.
- The brewing process is simple, repeatable, and rewarding – and the 60ml of the espresso is delicious, of course.
- Made from food-grade Aluminium, BPA-Free Plastic
- Not Induction Compatible
- Capacity: 2 Cup (60ml)
Before using for the first time:
- Un-assemble all components and lightly hand-wash in warm water.
- Read the instructions carefully – all styles have slightly different instructions.
- We recommend that you make and discard the first 2-3 brews.
Tips and Hints
- Use a medium grind coffee, too fine and it may cLog the filter, too coarse wiLL affect the flavour intensity. is been designed to work with Loosely fitted grounds, never tamper compact the coffee as this can cause too much pressure in the system
- Ensure all parts have been assembled correctly and that the base is screwed tightly to the upper chamber- avoid using the handle as Leverage. Select an element that is the closest to the size of the base, adjust the gas burned so that the fLame is not flicking up the side of the unit – especially towards the handles/knobs.
- Gurgling sounds and an intense espresso aroma tells you your Bialetti is brewing. If it’s spluttering or spitting it means the heat is too high and needs to be turned down.
- Never Let the cafeteria burn dry, always keep an eye on it whilst heating on the stove.
- When the upper chamber Is about 80-90% filled, remove it from the heat, if the bottom chamber boils dry it will make your brew taste burnt or bitter.
- Give the upper chamber a quick stir with a metal spoon before serving.
- A light coating of coffee oil inside your pot is good – it means your unit is well seasoned Like a wok.
- After use, lightly rinse by hand under warm water to protect your coffee oil coating.
- Do not wash in a dishwasher or use steel wool or other abrasive cleaners.
There are no reviews yet.